As we stood there talking
facing each other through the screen door
Her sleepy eyes tight in the morning sun
A breeze from the lake tugging at her hair
A large gray sweatshirt down to her bare legs
She never looked more beautiful
And I found myself wondering
why we never
Bard:
ReplyDeleteThe morning sun always does that -- making everything surreal. I wonder about the same scene at mid-day.
I liked the way the poem seems like it is not yet complete but at the same time it conveys whatever was meant to be.
Joy always,
Susan
Great little vignette. Bravo!
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter Bard!
ReplyDeleteAnd now you've got me wondering - that's good writing.
ReplyDeleteSuperbly succinct! I dig the italicization of the second stanza - really helps in conveying that reality-defying moment.
ReplyDeleteBTW - Just noticed the series of guitar pics in your sidebar. Apropos to your Tagore quote.
PS - Thanks for commenting on "AnswerS"!
Thank you for your kind comment on the pictures!
ReplyDeleteBeautifull blog you have.
Beautifull writing.
Sounds like an unfinished symphony.
Magical and breakable.
I love the sweatshirt look so very much!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful image.
ReplyDeletethe language in this poem is as soft and inviting as a prayer...
ReplyDeletenicely done...
I wish you 'togetherness' -there's still time!
ReplyDeleteVery well constructed...
Nice! Wished it was longer.
ReplyDeleteThankyou, lines like these make me happy to be back! Though I have a lot of catching up to do!
ReplyDeleteRegards,
Val
Pretty into kind of lines....
ReplyDeleteJolliieesss:)
i could picture me and him with ease :D
ReplyDelete