Transitory

Cloud upon cloud, piled on high
An ethereal mountain in the sky
I fix my gaze and begin to climb
But it dissipates before my eyes

Moon’s reflection on a stream
A silver disc; a frozen beam
I reach my hand to feel its sheen
But ripples end my wishful dream

Hope for things I only dare
Fears I can no longer bear
I lift my pen, my thoughts to share
But find they are no longer there

10 comments:

  1. -- dragged up from the "basement" of my journal, until I finish something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ryme & sense of rhythm in your poetry...

    'what remained unsaid held so much care
    that I let go off the need to share'

    lines from one of my own- so similar to urs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "basement" of your journal is quite... exquisite.

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there more in the "basement"?

    Words also have become elusive now . . . like many others.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, the basement is quite exquisitely furnished with fine ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can just click the "older posts" link on the bottom of the first page of my journal to see the entire contents of the "basement", Susan Deborah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This doesn't look dragged up at all! This looks pristine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know this feeling all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one slipped by me. Impeccable fluidity here. Mad props!

    ;]

    ReplyDelete