Unintentional

Your words gave me strength today.


I don’t know why, really. They told of your weakness, not my strength. You exposed your vulnerability, your pain, and in doing so, your incredible beauty. I felt them deeply when I read them, but I feel them more even now. They still vibrate in my soul, like the fading hum of a tuning fork.


I don’t know you, but I feel like I could love you. How can that be?


Wait. I think I understand. It has been so long that I nearly didn't recognize it.


You have brushed against that remembered feeling of unconditional love. A love that has the ability to overlook the flaws and failures of the past, and stay focused on the potential of the future. A love that is able to see beyond the defects of the moment; holding on to that which is good and worthy and promising. A love that offers strength in the middle of weakness and suffering.


I don't know you, but you have touched something inside me. I have read your words, and they have given me strength. They have given me hope, and you have reminded me of the promise of the life that I have left.


What could be more worthy of love than that?

4 comments:

  1. Once in a while I read a blog where such words have been written, words that brighten the day, give hope as you have described. How wonderful it is to share this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read this again and again and again. it's perfect to my eyes and ears... "that remembered feeling of unconditional love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece vibrates with truth. It's honest, perfect, beautiful. Untainted by fantasy. Or so it seems. Either that or you are a magician with words as your tricks. Perfectly lovely!

    Nevine

    ReplyDelete