I was eating lunch today
and I heard your song
The one that you said
you wished somebody shared with you
as your special song
I know you think I abandoned you
but I had to reject the illusion
that had formed between us
Not because you lied to me
but because you were lying to yourself
I just waved my hand
and dispelled the dream
Our dream
And even though I did the right thing
it still hurts
And I’m sorry
even the right decisions can hurt... this is so sad...
ReplyDeleteHurtful, indeed. But having to apologize for doing the right thing is also hurtful, I think.
ReplyDeleteoh....captivating! to be on the other side of illusion, to make the choice affecting two, standing by that choice and validating it....mmmmmm, lovely write.
ReplyDeleteYup, been there before. Not pleasant but necessary.
ReplyDeleteThanks for your awesome comment on "Epi-Epi" (My own short-hand) - I just posted an audio version of it too that I think an aspiring musician like yourself may appreciate.
Cheers!