Requiem

His dark, flashing eyes
Burn holes through the mirror
And expose the universe beyond

Their intensity and fire
Give life to the shell
Of the weakened body below

A body drained of energy
By a deep, unquenchable longing
For intimacy and love

And all the while
Fingers slide over the fretboard
Bending and teasing the notes

Later, plugging his ears
He heard his heart stop
And he awaited the sparkling darkness

5 comments:

  1. This saddens me ...what a waste of a gift and aelent to see and feel it all end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you a secret, dear Maggie:

    He awaited the sparkling darkness, but it never came.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as though he would not be aware of the finality of the darkness because he would be creating that sparkle, that flare, the fine finesse of the music and he combined. the sum of his melodic nature. he sounds intimate with the music, bonded, like a spiritual kinship. He sounds as though through music he could be loved and love unconditionally, in the way that the world doesn't work. human playing guitar? No, it is the guitar that plays the human.

    i wonder whether it is too late to write with you. i feel so very much of what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I'm concerned, it's never too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way V, the music was indeed flowing that night.

    I even composed a song I named "Requiem".

    ReplyDelete