Haunted

I am a ghost


coming out at night

in fleeting glimpses

and passing sensations


A gossamer silhouette

of the man I was

now that she is gone


And I have discovered

that even a ghost

cannot exist


without a witness

22 comments:

  1. there's a sadness in this one... based on real life sadness? hope not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Born from a desire to be free of any chains but alas! the chains are not external and THAT is the problem.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. there was a very deep poignancy in the poem that made me stop and savor each line. The last four lines are my favorite.
    extremely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "even a ghost cannot exist without a witness." Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, wonderfully written. Hope you are well.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see something from you. The feelings stirred and evoked by you in these few words are akin to my journey. I reflect and appreciate your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haunting with melancholy threading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely haunting :) It was short, yet it was a great read :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is haunting and sad. :( But glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I very much like the thinking behind this one - and the final four lines are haunting. (Pun not intended!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is sad poem,Brad .I hope its just poem no string attached with it.

    Always be happy and smiling :).

    I am your new follower and reader.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for the comment. Hope to see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Truthfully and beautifully written, Bard.
    To become a shadow, not seen but seen through,
    the only thing left - your lover's essence.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds about right. Funny how much someone's absence can affect our own presence. Liked the formatting too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bard! Wherefore hast thou not written anything here of late? We all do so miss it no doubt . . .

    TYVM for your recent comments @ OE's BB. Got one not unlike this one coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. terribly terribly empty, the loss...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for your comment. I've been hoping for some poetry from you. Your words are vivid and unique but somehow easy to relate to---truly a difficult thing to achieve in poetry. Have you considered submitting to journals or magazines?

    ReplyDelete
  18. the world is full of ghosts... you are not alone

    hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bart, I think it's time you write again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hi sir bard: are you ever going to write another poem? please...

    ReplyDelete