Ah, I understand! The concept of a poledancing woman is loaded. Thats also something I love about it. I only work for theater. I never focus on the sexual satisfaction of my audiance. well actualy I never have an audiance wanting just that. I celebrate sexuality, female sexuality by suggesting and expressing myself. the focus is on selfexpression. Thats what makes it different.I play with the loading the word ' poledancer' has. I'm an acrobat and poledancing is just one dicsipline in the package. My favorite one though!
I love this poem. It comes so close towards a feeling I experience myself now. I drift away in these words. Thank you for that.
It's been awhile since I've been by and I apologize Bard!! (You know why after reading my blog, right?) Your comments are heartfelt and mean the world to me, like someone understands. =) I just want you to know that you're writing creates beautiful feelings and that I sincerely enjoy reading it. Hopefully life will calm down and I can visit more often! Love, Tay
A mixture of poet and musician, warrior and philosopher, the bard, having grown weary of trying to find his place in the modern world, retired to the Lonely Bard Inn to contemplate his future. He is often seen drinking or writing alone (a personification of the inn itself), but from time to time he joins in the festivities that are always to be found in the pub. On occasion he even shares a poem or song with the sympathetic patrons, who are usually eager for new forms of amusement.
This left me with a calm and quiet feeling. How well you have captured the emotion of wandering away in sleep.
ReplyDeleteJoy always,
Susan
Beautiful, and peaceful. I hope you are doing well...
ReplyDeletemmmm hmmmmm.... makes me want to crawl back in bed, to drift off to other lands... sigh.
ReplyDeleteOH, the wonderful world of dreams. May we always be in someone else's dreams... pleasant dreams... and pleasantly!
ReplyDeleteLovely.
Nevine
Lady of Shallot?
ReplyDeletehow peaceful... put me in that boat!
ReplyDeleteDreams.
ReplyDeleteThat moves me.
ReplyDeletepretty.
ReplyDeleteTakes it to the hoop and *swish* !
ReplyDeleteRight on Bard - BTW - I've put out a call for submissions. It may not be your style but definitely let me know if you feel up to the the challenge:
http://www.obsidianeagle.com/p/submission-guidelines.html
I'm always impressed when someone can paint such an evocative picture in so few words. Simple and beautiful. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteThe Lady of Shallot? very shallotesque... How be you?
ReplyDeletethis is divine, dear Bard
ReplyDeleteWonderful, my friend. Delicate and lovely.
ReplyDeleteMelanie
Cool, pal.
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful, I don't really have the right words to describe my feelings about this, just want you to know it's beautiful in every way.
ReplyDeleteAnd I want to thank you for your kind comments on my blog, it means alot to me, thank you.
Short, sweet, and lovely.
ReplyDeleteI wish you would write again <3
ReplyDeleteAh, I understand! The concept of a poledancing woman is loaded. Thats also something I love about it. I only work for theater. I never focus on the sexual satisfaction of my audiance. well actualy I never have an audiance wanting just that. I celebrate sexuality, female sexuality by suggesting and expressing myself. the focus is on selfexpression. Thats what makes it different.I play with the loading the word ' poledancer' has. I'm an acrobat and poledancing is just one dicsipline in the package. My favorite one though!
ReplyDeleteI love this poem. It comes so close towards a feeling I experience myself now. I drift away in these words. Thank you for that.
A beauty this. Ophelia with an excellent ending.
ReplyDeleteOh I want this on my blog!
ReplyDelete2 thumbs up
ReplyDeleteDropping by to say hi!
ReplyDeletex
Missing you Dear Bard. Even if you aren't
ReplyDeleteposting lately, please stop by and read me.
It's been awhile since I've been by and I apologize Bard!! (You know why after reading my blog, right?) Your comments are heartfelt and mean the world to me, like someone understands. =) I just want you to know that you're writing creates beautiful feelings and that I sincerely enjoy reading it. Hopefully life will calm down and I can visit more often!
ReplyDeleteLove, Tay
'down rivers in her head' love that line, reminds me a bit of me.
ReplyDelete