Toilsome creation
Engraving emotions
Casting thoughts
Constructing words
Words that say nothing
Words that mean everything
Sculpting emotions
Cragged
Unhewn
Unpolished
Forming thoughts
Flexuous
Malleable
Amorphous
Framing words
Green
Misshapen
Unseasoned
I grow weary
Chiseling my emotions
Stamping my thoughts
Shaving my words
If you want them
Fashion them yourself
Another one dragged up from the basement (second page), until I finish something new.
ReplyDeleteI like this. Very much. It says everything, and yet.... :)
ReplyDeleteThose words.....they speak of genuine yet soft rebellion on the harsh rules that force us to forge. i loved the resolution at the end of it.
ReplyDeleteAn AntiPoetic yet poetical tour-de-force from title to finish; you said very much with very little. Words so carefully chosen deliver one's desired intention.
ReplyDeleteThanks also for recent comments chez moi. Regarding your response to Back In The Arms of Eve:
"Your train of thought provides an interesting contrast for me, since I've recently come to think of "the fall of man" as when duality was created -- not breached."
Actually, this poem was written with the spirit of reconciliation in mind - which is subtly hinted at by sleight of word (so to speak) within its last five lines.
Thanks again just the same!
Upon further reflection, I understand precisely what you mean about the Fall being brought on by duality's onset, which of course is what that Tantric poem was meant to bypass.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
I like your writing. I am so glad you are writing again. Impossible to read through just once.
ReplyDeleteThe feel of this poem perfectly reflects what it's trying to say. Lovely!
ReplyDeletethe voice of this poem is wonderful, speaking
ReplyDeletehonestly, directly to the reader daring us
to understand, and if not, well then so
be it.
Just found your blog and loved this poem! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete