She:
I sit
and I wait
to watch you make your mind up
I cannot make it for you anymore than
I could form the words like marbles on
your tongue
Tell me the truth
just once
and set down your fists
gnarled relics of fear
and mist your cheeks with the
flood you know is coming
Its safe here
you can cry
no less a man for doing so
Be brave
As brave as I have had to be to love you
Me:
I live in the moment
So my mind is continuously made
Reborn each second of my existence
The truth has been spoken
But the words go unheard
They are not the words you desire
You say my fists are gnarled in fear?
They contain jewels for the one I will love
My tears flow when they must
And there is no shame
For I stand bravely, with honesty in my heart
And truth in my words
hearing only what we want to hear... happens too often.
ReplyDeleteFeels almost like an inner dialogue. And the truth flows from "Me" so freely.
ReplyDeleteNevine
Great way of expressing certain words which some times gets tucked in....Beautiful...
ReplyDeleteJolliieess:-)
Well done, I was originally rooting for "She" so the rebuttal kind of took me by surprise. Splendid delivery!
ReplyDelete