I’m unable to sleep.
My eyes ache, and are heavy. My shoulders and neck throb with fatigue; lingering side effects from a car accident over a decade ago. I lie on my bed; my body exhausted but my mind resisting sleep.
I'm kept awake by thoughts of mortality and longing, of life and love. And the haunting echoes of a little girl, who I love as my own, practicing for her piano recital.
Arpeggiated chords
Slowly, with feeling
Mezzo piano, then piano
Minor, then major
Ascending and descending
Reverberating in the well of my memory.
Still Life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
or playing the harp *wink*
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by my journal, and I think it cool that you have a harp avatar!
I wish the little girl was me.
ReplyDelete=)
ReplyDeleteSleep often eludes me as well so again I can relate. There is a certain sense of longing present here as well, which resounds from he last line most of all. Although the musical stanza juxtaposes that rather nicely with both beauty of sound and image!
ReplyDelete