Silly Girl

She is silly tonight, and I like it.

She has been silly before, but not like this. Tonight she is relaxed, spontaneous, and incredibly cute. I find my guard lowering against my will. I like the fact that she can be this way with me, and I laugh as each new thing she says surprises me more than the last. The smile never leaves my face.

I wish I could give her a playful shove, or mess up her hair, or tickle her.

Or touch her shoulder.

Or kiss her lips.

But I can’t. I’ve never even met her, and I probably never will.

It feels good though, laughing and smiling and not noticing the time at all. I knew I’d been lonely, but I didn’t realize how lonely until tonight. Her playfulness implies a certain level of intimacy, and it reminds me that I once had somebody that I could be silly and stupid with long ago.

I don’t have that anymore, and I don’t really even have it tonight with her. But right now that doesn’t matter.

She is silly tonight, and I like it. And I don’t want it to end.

And I’m late for work.

2 comments: