I am the sun.
At night I walk under the stars and I think of her, swimming in her pool in the daylight. I want to be the sun, kissing her eyes with my light and warming her body with my touch. I want to illuminate her soul and to blaze in her heart. I want to know her daily routine as I know my own. I am the sun, and she is a bright, radiant sunflower.
I am the moon.
As I drive down the highway with the sun on my arms, I think of her sleeping in her bed. I want to be the moon, my pale light framing her naked shoulder through her bedroom window. I want to guide her way through the darkness, and for my shining face to be the brightest light in her sky. I want to know the secrets that she has in the night. I am the moon, and she is a clear, tranquil lake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is achingly beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteIndeed.
ReplyDelete