Unrequited Thoughts

I thought about you.

I thought about what you were like when you were younger, and the people and experiences that have made you who you are today.

I thought about the glimpses of sweetness and vulnerability that I occasionally see through the cracks in your stone walls.

I wondered what your dreams might be, and what you want in a lover, a husband, and a friend.

I thought about the things that turn you on, and I wondered what others are yet to be discovered.

And I thought about how you deserve to be so happy and content that you wake up every day thinking that you're in a dream.

Then I thought about how my thoughts don’t touch your world at all, and how you never think of me the same way that I think of you. And I realized that I shouldn't be thinking about you as much as I do.

But after that, I thought about you some more.

6 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Yo know, you never can tell...Maggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Lucky person to be thought of with such care. I hope you're pleasantly surprised and she's (?) thinking about you the same way. Someone needs some luck and if it can't be me then it might as well be you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking she thinks more about you than you realize. Or maybe it's me that thinks more about you than I should or have a right too *S* I miss you...

    ReplyDelete