Unnatural Request

Do not ask me to stop loving you


Ask a bee to avoid the flowers first

Ask the sun to withhold light from the sky

Ask a child to leave his mother’s comforting arms

Ask the dry, parched earth to reject the rain

Ask a woman to flee her lover’s bed in the middle of the night

Ask a river to flow away from the ocean

Ask an old man to forget happier times of youth

Ask the moon to break away from the Earth’s embrace


Ask all of these things if you wish

But do not ask me to deny my love


It cannot happen, as long as I exist

4 comments:

  1. a request like this... who could deny it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love what we love... not only what loves us back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Bard, that was a great Tao quote you posted - I love that you so clearly understood my intention with the piece

    This poem by you is beautiful. I am looking forward to reading your other work

    Val

    ReplyDelete